If you were charged with drugged driving in New Jersey, it is in your best interest to reach out to our firm today to speak with a skilled Bergen County drug DWI attorney. Our legal team is on your side no matter what.
What are the consequences of drugged driving in New Jersey?
If you are facing the consequences of the first offense of drugged driving, you will need an experienced attorney on your side. The consequences of this offense can be severe, even though it is your first time. Below are the possible penalties:
- A maximum of 30 days of incarceration
- Driver’s license suspension between 7 and 12 months
- $1,000 surcharge every year for 3 years
- A fine between $300 and $500
- 12-48 hours in the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center and additional fees
- A $100 fee for the Alcohol Education and Rehabilitation Fund
- A $100 Drunk Driving Fund fee
- A $75 Neighborhood Services Fund fee
- Possible installation of an ignition interlock device
If you were charged with a drugged driving offense, do not hesitate to reach out to our firm and hire the services of one of our skilled criminal defense lawyers to assess your options.
What if I get charged with a second offense?
In the event that you are charged with a second offense of a drug DUI, your consequences will be even more severe. Some of the penalties you may face include the following:
- Fines between $500 and $1000
- Incarceration for at least 48 hours, but no more than 90 days
- 30 days of community service (if the offense took place in a school zone, then 60 days)
- Driver’s license suspension for 2 years
- Installation of an ignition interlock device for between 1 and 3 years after license restoration
- Several other fees and fines
Will I go to jail for a third offense?
You may be wondering if you will face jail time after a third offense of drugged driving in New Jeresy. If you are caught for a third or subsequent drug DUI, you will face penalties and long-term consequences even after completing your jail time and paying your fines. The penalties will include the following:
- A $1000 fine
- Incarceration for at least 180 days
- 10-year license suspension
- Various mandatory fines and fees
- Participation in the Intoxicated Drivers Resource Center
- Installation of an Ignition Interlock Device
No matter how many offenses you have accumulated, our legal team can help. Give us a call today to get started.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
Kevin T. Conway is an experienced Bergen County criminal attorney handling DUI, DWI, traffic violations, violent crimes, sex crimes, illegal gun possession, shoplifting, and juvenile crimes. Attorney Conway is also experienced in commercial law matters, zoning law, and estate planning. If you need an aggressive criminal lawyer, contact The Law Office of Kevin T. Conway for a free consultation.